Support Historic Preservation
- Preserve Georgia license plate
Go to Georgia Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division
- scroll down to the Special Interest - Apply thru County Tag Office - Issuing section
- click on Historic Preservation Efforts in GA
Please contact your county tag office for any additional information or assistance.
You will pay: $35 annual special tag fee* + $20 annual registration fee + ad valorem tax.
* $22 from each $35 annual special tag fee will benefit HPD's programs and services
Join the more than 6,500 preservation supporters who have already purchased a tag!
- Join and volunteer with membership organizations near you!
Help support preservation efforts in your community by joining and volunteering with The Georgia Trust or a local nonprofit group. These membership-based organizations identify and document significant historic resources in their communities, educate the general public about the importance of these resources and historic preservation, advocate for preservation, and promote a community-wide understanding of the value of historic buildings, neighborhoods, and heritage. See the list on our Community Assistance page.
Join the Society for Georgia Archaeology and its local chapter near you. The SGA's mission is to unite all persons interested in the archaeology of Georgia and to work actively to preserve, study and interpret Georgia’s historic and prehistoric remains. SGA has information about opportunities to volunteer on archaeological projects of various kinds.