The Georgia Centennial Farm Program was developed in 1993 to distinguish family farms that have contributed to preserving Georgia's agricultural history by maintaining working farms for more than 100 years. The program has recognized 504 farms around the state. It is administered by the Historic Preservation Division of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources in a partnership with the Georgia Farm Bureau Federation; Georgia Department of Agriculture; Georgia Forestry Commission; and the Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter. It is sponsored in part by Georgia EMC.
Each year, qualifying farms are recognized at the opening day of the Georgia National Fair in Perry, Georgia . During the awards presentation, farm owners receive a Georgia Centennial Farm certificate of honor signed by the governor.
In 2016, the following 22 farms received Georgia Centennial Family Farm Awards:
- Avera-Roberts Family Farm, Berrien County
- Hogan Orchards, Berrien County
- Rowe McClellan "Romac" Farm, Berrien County
- Sikes Farm, Berrien County
- J&W Farms, Bleckley County
- William E. Harrell Farm, Colquitt County
- Honey Oak Farms, Columbia County
- Davis Family Farm, Crisp County
- Foster Farms, Early County
- B. Ryal Morgan Homeplace, Effingham County
- Cowart Farms, Emanuel County
- Johnson Hill Farm, Evans County
- Johns Cattle Farm, Gordon County
- Maxwell Heritage Farms LLC, Grady County
- Taylor Farm, Grady County
- W.M. Prince, Grady County
- The Dr. Samuel Locklin and Alice Stanley Hinton Farm, Gwinnett County
- McCorkle Farm, Marion County
- Broach Family Farm, LLC, Morgan County
- Beckham Family Farm, Pike County
- Swann Family Farm, Randolph County
- Wauhu Springs, Randolph County
Photos and descriptions of previous recipients are available on our HPD Flickr page .
List of all past recipients 1993-2015
The Centennial Farm Program was the subject of a 2013 episode of Georgia Outdoors on Georgia Public Broadcasting.
Learn more about historic resources related to agriculture on our Historic Resources: Agriculture page. .
Who to contact:
Allison Asbrock, Outreach Program Manager & CLG Coordinator
email@example.com , 770.389.7868
 http://www.georgiashpo.org/sites/uploads/hpd/pdf/CF application 2017.pdf
 http://www.georgiashpo.org/sites/uploads/hpd/pdf/CF application 2017, updated.pdf
 http://www.georgiashpo.org/sites/uploads/hpd/imagefield_default_images/Official List of Centennial Farms 1993-2015, updated.pdf